David Shuttle is one of the largest independent retailers of Gifts, Jewellery & Homeware in the UK. We are a growing company which is constantly evolving and as such, so does our team.
As an expert retailer, our aim is to provide great service and excite customers through our product portfolio. We do this through two extremely well presented flagship stores and various web offerings to create a multichannel interaction with our customers.
If you are interested in joining our team, we are always keen to hear from passionate and driven people, so if you feel you would be an indispensable addition, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to the address below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
FAO: Joseph Shuttle
David Shuttle Ltd
9 The Broadway
Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Specific roles we are currently recruiting for:
Customer Service Executive
The position is office-based and focuses on serving customers form our web store. Working as part of a passionate and successful team the candidate will report into the website development manager. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to deliver exceptional customer service on a long-term basis.
For customer service activities you will be the primary point of contact for customers and handle telephone, email and live chat enquiries as received from our e-commerce channels.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a friendly, proactive, efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain a high-class customer service standard to deliver sales results for the business.
- Maintain and improve our independent review feedback score. http://www.feefo.com/GB/en/reviews/David-Shuttle/?id=628583
Working as part of the e-commerce team there will also be a number of other functions after customer services duties have been performed. These activities include;
- Assisting with our Email Platform Klaviyo to create and send out effective email offers and communication to our customer base.
- Adhering to SEO best practice, enhancing website pages to improve the natural traffic to the website.
- Site walk/product position and categorisation/navigation checks.
- Assisting with the collation of data for new product to be loaded to the site.
No specific qualifications are necessary. However, A-level and higher education will be beneficial. To be successful in this role you’ll be highly literate, have a professional and polite telephone manner and be comfortable working with a wide range of computer software and applications.
- Specific candidate requirements:
- Strong experience of working in a customer service role.
- Strong use of the English language to communicate via email or through marketing messages
Excellent verbal communication skills:
- Professional and polite telephone manner.
- Ability to convert enquiries into sales.
- Ability to listen, empathise and engage with customers and staff alike.
Other beneficial candidate requirements:
- Ideally experience of working in an e-commerce environment.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or other image editing software.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Good organisational skills - be able to prioritise, and plan workloads.
- Be self-motivated - Show initiative and able to work under pressure.
- Data entry accuracy.
Knowledge and understanding of;
- Seo and web copywriting
- Online Marketing Methods
This role is a full-time position working primarily Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5.30 pm. There is the possibility for additional work during peak period (Nov-Jan) and some shift work may be required so a degree of flexibility is essential. This role is being considered on a part-time basis for the right candidate, however, the working hours during peak period would need to be discussed further.
Candidates will be entitled to 20 days paid holiday per year, plus all statutory Bank holidays. It is normal practice that holiday days are kept to a minimum during our busiest period (Nov – Jan). As a small team holiday dates that clash with colleagues, may well need to be foregone. Therefore holiday dates are confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
This will be provided in-house and any specific external training will be provided where necessary.
A probation period of twelve weeks will take place before any permanent contract of employment will be offered.
Dress Code for the office is smart casual. Meetings with suppliers and business associates are a regular occurrence in an open plan office environment so your personal presentation will need to reflect this.
One dog, who is quite old and quiet are often present in the director’s area of the office. This is separated from the main office area.